Tuesday, May 12, 2009

HONEY MUSTARD NUT CRUSTED SALMON

I know it has been a little while since our last menu item, but with birthdays and Mother's day I didn't get a chance to select the item I wanted to share with you.

Tonight I cooked a variation of my second favorite meal item SALMON. (Manicotti being my most favorite)
This recipe even impressed my daughter, who groaned long and hard when she was told we were having salmon for dinner. She ate almost the whole thing.

It makes a mama proud.
So here it is for you to share with your family.
------------------------------------------------


Honey Mustard Nut Crusted Salmon
Serves 4
About 470 Calories per serving

4 (4 oz) Salmon fillets
¼ Cup Butter- melted
3 T Mustard
2 T Honey
¼ C Breadcrumbs
1/8 C Smashed Walnuts
1/8 C Smashed Pecans (or you can use ¼ C of just one type of nut)
1 T Parsley- chopped
Pepper
Salt
Lemon Juice or fresh lemons to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Combine butter, mustard and honey together in a small bowl
In a separate bowl combine breadcrumbs, walnuts, pecans, parsley, salt and pepper.

Place Salmon in a greased pan (or a pan lined with aluminum foil)
Brush butter mixture on each salmon fillet. You can be generous with the mixture! You will probably have some left over, which is okay.

Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture on the fillets, make sure you get the sides.

Bake 15 minutes and serve with lemon juice.

-------------------------------------
Here are a few pointers on meal prep, but geez guys, this one is so easy your husbands could do it...without the pointers.



Here is the butter/mustard/honey sauce


And me beating the crap out of the nuts. I REALLY smashed mine, you don't have to go to such lengths. I was afraid my daughter would see a nut and go into hiding...... under her bed or in the basement.

And this is the breadcrumbs mixed with the nuts and parsley. Really, this is quite easy.
And here is my daughter brushing the fillets. If your husbands don't think they can do this, show them this picture.

And then the plated food. Sorry guys I was sooooo hungry I took a few bites before I realized I hadn't taken a picture for you to see.
*burp*
Excuse me!

3 comments:

sharonw05 said...

This looks delish! I am the only one that will eat salmon in my house, tho, darn it! I may just make it for me and the rest of the family can have cereal!

Anonymous said...

Morine and I love salmon, this sounds heavenly. Sue

Charity said...

We love salmon at my house...me more than the little munchkin. Growing up we ate a LOT of salmon patties. I'll have to demo them someday soon. They are easy and yummy.
Charity