Monday, May 4, 2009

DOWN BY 7

35 days down, and countless more to go!

But I’m down by 7 pounds.

This past month has been a struggle. I’ve had a few days when I wanted to break down, eat a cardboard box…dipped in chocolate of course… and then have a good cry.

Those days suck!

So last night, while I was working out….to Hillary Duff, Demi Lovato and other pre-teen groups….. (I couldn’t find MY ipod so I was forced to go through my daughters dresser and borrow)


I had a nice thought.

I’ve been at the exercise/ cut calorie part of my diet for 34 days and my back and legs have held up. I’ve not had any huge issues that have put me down for the count.

Last night I upped my exercise routine and today I STILL FEEL GOOD!

In fact, I actually forgot to take a pain med today and while my back is very tight and hurts, it is manageable.

I can’t express to you how happy that makes me. My biggest obstacle in loosing weight in the past, is that every time I tried to add the exercise component to the diet my spinal cord rebelled and I had to stop exercising.

This time I approached it in a different manor and my body seems to be holding out.

Today, along with upping the exercise, I will cut calories a little bit more.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Actually that's about what - a little less than 2 pounds a week... excellent!!! and it's exactly the speed you should be losing weight. Too fast usually backfires. Since you have had a hard time exercising the "slightly less" is reasonable.

It sounds like your calorie consumption is just about right. Remember not to fall into the "too few calories" trap. That one bites every time.

Keep up the excellent work!!! Sounds like you've turned a corner - YAY!