Wednesday, June 17, 2009

IT FOLLOWS ME EVERYWHERE

Weird people always seem to show up in my life.

There was the guy who was persistent in wanting to date me. He held on for YEARS!

Then there was the high achiever who was in his late thirties and working at Bird World.

The guy I met on the Internet back in 2004 who flew out to Utah to 'see some friends" and meet me, and then didn't have enough room on his visa to rent a car, so he wanted me to drive down to SLC to pick him up then he became angry because I hadn't been cleared to drive at night (this was a few weeks after my surgery)

Incidental, he got married a few months later to another girl he met while he was down here. I guess she had no problem with his credit issues and his weirdness.

And the hospital laundry dude, and well.... you get the point

Anyway, that brings me to today.

I stopped at 7-11 to get gas on the way to work and while I'm pumping my gas I hear.

"Are you heading to work?"

I looked around and at the next pump over was a guy filling up his astro van. Being the kind person I am I said "yup" then turned around hoping that THAT would be the end.

But nooooooooooooooooooo, not with my luck.

"So where do you work?"

Like I'm going to reveal that info. I just said the city I work in and turned back around.

He continued. "What do you do for work?"

I have to jump in here and say two things. By now this conversation was getting irritating. First because English was NOT this guys first language and I kept having to say WHAT? and second because if I'm not willing to tell you where I work, why would I be willing to tell you what I do for work.

So I lied!

Forgive me Lord, but there are times when a single woman must do that, and this was one of those times.

But it didn't end there, it just got weirder.

"Do you have many friends?"

I rolled my eyes here, ya see I work in a building with people who have mental health issues. I don't work WITH those people, but they wander the halls, and get lost and sometimes we have to direct them back to the floor where their services are. This guy probably frequents my building, or at least he should.

I was a little weirded out. But more than that, I was thinking...

WHY CAN'T A NICE GUY TRY TO PROPOSITION ME OR TRY TO PICK ME UP. Why does it have to be weird ones.

I did reply back to him by saying that I have lots of friend, to which he replied...

"Do you want to be my friend?"

What the crap??? Who, other than kindergartners asks a question like that? NO NO NO I don't want to be your friend. You probably have all of the other "friends" you picked up at 7-11 stores bound, gagged and stashed in your Astro Van. And I'm a party pooper and don't want to join them.

When he asked for my phone number I told him it was unlisted.

What a way to start the morning!

No comments: