Friday, April 24, 2009

DIETS STINK

If one more person asks me "What diet are you on?" I swear I'm going to loose it.

What happened to the days when you just freaking exercised and cut back on calories. Now there are all of these names to diets: The no carb diet, the drink liquid diet, the points system...eeeek

Oh and don't forget all of the clubs, ya know Jenny and the "watcher's" people.

I'm sorry but I can't see myself spending money to loose weight.

If only there were an Oreo diet.....

Oh crap, my mind just wandered again.

My minor is in nutrition and so the whole "cut this out of your diet, and restrict this from your diet.." mentality just kills me. If you are going to keep the weight off and you really love Oreo cookies...as I do, then you can't eliminate them or geez, 6 months from now you will be sitting in a closet somewhere with 12 boxes of cookies and 4 gallons of milk...just going to town on those things.

That is a scary image for anyone.

So I'm on day 24 of the ummm.... I'm just eating like I should.... diet. I need to find a name for this thing. Anyway, I started making changed back in January that would prepare me for this. Things like; buying whole wheat pasta, lots of fruit and the non-plastic margarine... the olive oil stuff is wonderful.

Then on April 1st (that fools day) I started the full fledged cutting calories and exercise thing. So far I have lost 5 lbs and have noticed that I'm loosing inches.

Having spinal cord damage really makes this all the harder to accomplish because I can't just get on an exercise program, I pretty much have to create one myself and find things that don't put me down with nerve pain for weeks. So far so good.

Have I told you how much I detest tumors...... well I do!

I digress.... So back to the diet.

Any ideas for my diet name?

1 comment:

April said...

No, no, no, don't spend the money to lose weight. It sounds like your getting through the hardest part, so keep going, hon. Your little girl looks just like an angel....and you.