Sunday, July 12, 2009

NEW ROOM

Does anyone remember these pictures?

pretty bad huh? Back in the fall I painted the walls a creamy yellow and got rid of the gold stripes and the gold baseboards.

I also ran out of money so I couldn't finish the room. OOps

So this past month I have been working on finishing the room. I was determined to have the room be a green, yellow, and dark red color scheme... well it didn't work out quite that way. No matter what I looked at in those colors I just didn't like it. I struggled for weeks and weeks about those colors.

Finally I decided to find curtains that I liked and work from that.

Emmi chose these dark brown panels with polka dots of brown, yellow, green, and blue.

I have always hated the color blue in a home.

Blue/grey....fine... but Blue....NO no no!

So at the time I told her I didn't like them and we kept looking...only to come back weeks later and buy those panels.

So then I looked at pillows to match those curtains and found the beautiful things on my couch. I paid an arm for them, but I fell in love. After those pillows the room just seemed to fall into place.

I'm mostly done, except the cubby with my computer. That will take a bit longer to do because I need to buy a new desk and shelving and such. But I am so very happy with what we have done so far.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw your comment on Pioneer Woman's site, about your recipe for peanut butter pie without cool whip. Would you mind posting it? Or you can email me at "ecenanny at gmail.com"

I love PW's recipe, but would love to be able to leave out the cool whip!

Thanks!

Charity said...

Sure, no problem. Let me see if I have all of the stuff and I'll re-create it tomorrow and list it on my blog for you. I should have all of the stuff and it really is easy.
Charity