Sunday, July 20, 2008

MY FIRST RAG QUILT

So what did I do with my yesterday, when Emmi was at day camp. Well, I could have gone to see a movie that was NOT made by Disney, or taken myself out to eat at a nice restaurant. But I didn't. Instead I spent 5 hours making my first rag quilt.

On Thursday a lady in the neighborhood demonstrated how to make these at a church thing. I took the instructions, mulled them over in my mind and came up with this:



The top picture is the back. Normally it is only one color, but I really wanted to have a design on it too. The front has squares of ladybugs, purple pokadots and pink checkers. It turned out much better than I thought it would and took WAAAAY longer than I wanted it too, but it is so very cute. Emmi has pretty much decided it is hers. I THINK NOT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome quilt Charity, I love it. You did good. LOL could have gone to the movies and not seen something by Disney. Sue