Tuesday, November 13, 2007

LEAD POISONING IN YOUR DINNER PLATES

This report was on Utah's KUTV channel 2. The company that manufactures the plates is Gibson. They are also sold under the "Home Trends" name at local stores.

Here are the links
http://www.kutv.com/content/gephardt/story.aspx?content_id=d567af85-e5fc-4343-bc6a-a7c3bc47ba9f

http://www.kutv.com/content/news/topnews/story.aspx?content_id=1FD09736-768D-4539-A830-F5D3F5EB8A40&gsa=true

I have Corelle dishes and according to some sites I found, they contain little or no lead. However, I have some Christmas dishes made by Gibson that went out in the trash today. I'm not willing to risk it.

If you live in Utah, there is a link on the channel 2 website where you can ask Bill Gephardt to get your dishes tested. Even though I have Corelle, I still asked because along with my dishes there are a whole slew of bakeware that matches the dishes. I want to make sure they are safe too. We will see what he is able to get put together and what more he finds out about this.

I wish there were a list available that would tell you what brands or patterns have lead. I've looked online and can't find one yet.

After all, we should be the ones to choose what goes into our bodies, not these manufacturers.

No comments: