Tuesday, October 16, 2007

ONCE AGAIN

So once again I start a blog. All of my critter friends seem to use this website so I thought I would try. I have been having issues with MSN and their blog stuff, so we will start over.
I'm going to go back in time and post a few of the blogs from my other site, complete with pictures and such, so bear with me.

8-13-2007
THE FAIR AND MORE

Weeeeeell
It has been a while since my last post. We have been busy with summer stuff. The first part of July we held a 90th birthday party for my grandma. The best part of that was getting to see cousins that I hadn't seen in so very long. We had a blast at the water park and the food was great.

Our garden has been a lot of fun. I sure have missed planting and growing my own vegetables. This year, we have eaten so many zucchini that I swear my skin is turning green. Em planted baby pumpkins, and they are plotting to take over the world. She is loving every minute of it. Soon we will have tomatoes and maybe a cantelope or two.

Last weekend was the county fair. Em wanted to enter one of her paintings, so we chose one, framed it and entered. Whe took 2nd place in her category. I was so proud of her.

Summer has been fun. Now school starts in a week and I'm not sure I am ready for it.
I hate homework, even if it is 2nd grade homework.
LOL

6-6-2007
THE JOYS OF GRASS

We’ve been living here for almost 6 months with a yard full of weeds. And not just any weeds, I swear we have mutant-I can survive weed killer- weeds. These guys are just not normal. I have sprayed them, bulldozed them and dug them up and yet.... they still come back.
So when it come time to put in a yard of some kind I decided not to hydroseed but to spend more money and buy sod.
Best decision I ever made.
The "grass man" came yesterday and unloaded a vast amount of green stuff. It was quite overwhelming to look at. Em was jumping up and down when she saw the truck pull up in front of the house, then after it had been unloaded she went from palette to palette "petting’ the soft grass. The owner of the grass company (who drove the grass down from Idaho) laughed at that. He said "That’s a first, I’ve never had anyone pet my grass before."
Speaking of getting the lawn from Idaho. I still don’t get why it is cheaper to have someone drive a simitruck filled with sod from Malad Idaho to my house. The sod farms around here wanted 5 cents more a square foot plus a loading and delivery fee. Geez! I just hope my sod doesn’t start growing potatoes! Hehehe
Anyway, back to the story. At 5 pm all the manpower started showing up. We were able to lay the sod in two hours. WOW those men know how to quickly get something done. I am so very grateful I had so much help. We laid the sod as a storm front was bearing down on us. The temps were plunging from the 90's into the 40's with wind gusts over 40 mph. And still those men worked.
It looks so good. No more dirt, no more stickers, no more weeds....
Well, for a little while anyway. But best of all, we now have a place for the kids to play outside.
Now all I have to do is keep the stuff from dying.
Cause ya know, if I kill a small houseplant I can replace it for $9.99. If I kill my lawn I’m out $1,500 and that’s the most expensive houseplant I have ever purchased.
LOL
















5-6-2007
BIRTHDAYS

It has been party central at our house. Em turned 7 this week (you go girl), and for some insane reason I promised her a friend birthday this year. My sister (bless her heart) told me to invite 7-8 kids because then about half of them would show. Well, we had every kid show up and it was a madhouse. FUN but crazy.
Then tonight we had the family party. Everyone had fun and I always love being with my family. A friend of mine from Jr High showed up with her daughter. Seeing Brenda is always a treat and her little girl is such a doll. Brenda lives about an hour away so I don't see her too often.
Anyway, the parties are over. Now I just have to clean up the house again... or NOT! *grin*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY, I LOVE YOU!

4-4-2007
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

Anyone who knows me very well knows that I have this aversion to rotten or missing teeth. There is nothing appealing about a mouth full of holes. To me, I’ve always associated bad teeth with bad hygiene.
When Em lost her first tooth I cried. Yes I know it isn’t a normal healthy reaction, but who said I was normal.
Em lost her top front tooth a few months ago and I thought it couldn’t get much worse. Hahaha. Well, Friday night she lost her other top front tooth. I didn’t cry this time, but I have been praying that by some miracle her teeth grow in overnight.
Today was class picture day and Em told her teacher that her mom thinks she looks like a jack-o-lantern. She said her teacher laughed pretty hard at that. My thought was... well, she does!
Some of my friends have told me that kids with missing teeth are cute and that I should cherish the moment. I guess they are well adjusted parents because.... I can’t cherish, but I can endure.
I can however laugh my way though the months until she has teeth again. *smile*

3-27-2007
FRECKLES

When I was in college I remember reading those books of quotes from kids where they would ask a five year old where chocolate milk came from and he would reply "Chocolate cows of course." Some of the comments were outrageous and some were just too cute for words. I remember thinking that the author just HAD to be making some of the comments up for entertainment value.
Then I had kids!
Over the years I have laughed my head off at some of the explanations my daughter has managed to come up with and some off the wall comments she has made about everyday occurrences that you and I take for granted. I remember her being freaked out by the thought of my sister Celeste having a baby. She actually cried because she thought the baby was going to come out of her belly button.
Every parent has these moments with their child.
So tonight Em is sitting on my lap and we are reading a book together. I happen to glance up and see spots all over her face. At first I thought that it was dirt and I really needed to start supervising her baths better, but as I looked closer I realized that my little six year old has FRECKLES all over her face. When she was first born I remember giving her a head to toe inspection for any birth marks or spots. Then when she turned four she started getting freckles on her body.... BTW she has a cute one on her bum cheek.
So here I sat on the couch staring my child in the face and out of my mouth pops the most intelligent thing I could come up with. "Emmi, you have freckles all over your nose. When did you get freckles on your face."
She looks at me with her ‘DUH’ face and replies.
"I think it happened a few weeks ago when I accidently bumped into Caden on the playground. He has freckles everywhere mom!"
Oh man....
*wipes eyes*

No comments: