Saturday, May 7, 2011

YELLOW HEADED BLACKBIRD HEAVEN


For five and a half years I have been enjoying seeing these big guys at my bird feeders and they quickly became my favorite bird. They are Yellow Headed Blackbirds. I was a little confused when a few years ago I looked in our Utah bird book and saw that they are marsh birds. I couldn't for the life of my figure out why they came to my feeders but I figured they lived in one of the golf coarse water holes. But until last night I never went searching for them.

Each year we have more and more of them come visit out f
eeder along with the female
yellow heads. This year we had 11 males and 6 females, I assumed that was all there were...until I saw this.

There are HUNDREDS of the cuties living in a large marsh right by the clubhouse. I was in bird heaven, so of course I had to take a ton of pictures and walk around the marsh. I was amazed. If you get a chance to visit Eagle Lake in Roy...sto
p and enjoy my
bird family. it is quite an experience.

No comments: