Thursday, August 6, 2009

THE FAIR

We went to the fair last night. I've been taking Emmi to the fair since she was a little tike. Some years it is great, others I could do without. But my daughter keeps begging every year to go. She loves all of the animals. That is the real reason.

The past two years we have invited along a friend. This cute little brown haired munchkin is this years pick. I so need to birth a child with brown hair like this.



The girls rode a ride....


"Hi girls, look at the crazy woman taking pictures."

We saw a beautiful rainbow.

Then we went to the Rodeo. *sigh* Yeees,I know, we just went to a Rodeo, but we liked it so much we decided to try again. Plus I forgot to take my camera to the one a few weeks ago.

At the Rodeo you see lots of these...


and these...

Oh and best of all, lots of these...


This one had me doing major sighs..I hope he doesn't read this blog someday...Oh wait, no one reads this blog so I'm safe.


*sigh* Oh Wow! Double wow.

I think my parents sa
y a prayer every night that I don't marry a cowboy.
They have been saying this same prayer for 20 years.

"One day mom and dad, one day I will find one who will rope me in and... "

Enough of my dream, now back to the Rodeo

*tap tap tap, is this thing on" "Anyone there?"

Okay so now for our Rodeo story...and my daughter would KILL me if she knew I put this story up for you to read.

Okay, Emmi picked REALLY good seats (according to her) at the Rodeo. So she chose some really close ones. They were second row and right next to the bull pins.......right next to them. She wanted to see all of the bulls and horses and cowboys. She is my daughter afterall.

So there we are, watching the bull riding and enjoying ourselves when the bull next to us is up for his turn. I guess as they opened the gates the bull decided to relieve himself. He started bucking at the same time and flung bull-sh*! (sorry mom, but that is what it is called) all over the three of us.

I busted a gut laughing and couldn't stop. Emmi is screaming 'get it off me, get it off, Mooooom, get it off me." And I couldn't because I was laughing so hard that tears were pouring down my face.

Oh man it was just too funny.

But the story doesn't end there Towards the middle of the rodeo Emmi turns to me and says."Mom, there is a naked cowboy over there."

Not something you hear every day, and I'm a sucker for cowboys...even clothed ones...so I turn my head and ...there really WAS a naked cowboy about 40 feet from my daughters little eyes. The guy I guess thought no one could see him strip down behind the bull pins...and we, umm, could. So there I am with two 9 year staring at a cowboy who is naked except for a long-ish button down shirt.

I, of course, told them not to watch, but really...they had already seen everything there was to see.

So did you know that some cowboys go commando under their jeans and chaps?....

Neither did I.

What a night

No comments: