Monday, March 30, 2009

THE DREADED DENTIST

I have this love/hate relationship with my dentist. He is by far the best dentist I have ever had, but I seriously hate to see him.

I had to psych myself up, yet again, to go see him today and have two cavities filled. I use the word "psych" because I have a long standing history of canceling about 30+% of my appointments because I just can't get my head around to wanting to be tortured for hours.

I hate having other peoples hands in my mouth... OH how I hate it.

Today though, I didn't expect to be too bad. I went in last month and had a bigger cavity filled and it wasn't any big deal, so I figured I would go, have them fill the two little puppies and be on my merry way.

Little did I know!

I was there for almost two hours and it was the second worst dental appointment of my life (my wisdom teeth being the worst--I'll tell that story someday). I hurt so bad after I left that I wanted to curl up in a ball, call my mommy and cry.

I was really shocked at how awful the pain was, because lets face it, I suffer through some pretty hardcore pain everyday without pain meds and I figure my pain threshold is pretty high these days.

I have to take Emmi to the dentist tomorrow for an x-ray, but I can honestly say it will take my the full 6 months to work myself back up to going for my cleaning.

Oh the pain!


No comments: