Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINES

I've never been a big valentine's day person, Maybe it is because I never seem to have a significant other to celebrate with, or maybe it is because it is a stupid holiday where the stores bank on the notion that men should show the women in their lives how much they mean to them. I think that is called EVERY DAY.

However, every year for the past 5 years I have held a Valentine party for my nieces and nephews. It started out as just a babysitting gig, then as Emmi got older we turned it into a sleepover party. A night when parents could ditch their kids and ummmmmmm, weeeeeell. Do what parents do when their kids are not there.

Every year we have made tie-dye shirts, watched a movie and had fun (afterwards I downed the Tylenol). This year because my back has been giving me fits since October and I didn't think I could handle it, I decided not to do the sleepover.

So last night 6 of my nieces and nephews came over to party. We made fleece blankets, decorated cookies and watched Iron Man. It sure was a fun night.

No comments: